Every now and again we all will have bananas that have simply gotten too ripe! And of course the cure for this is…..banana bread, or in this case, Banana muffins! Here is my favorite basic banana muffin recipe…
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 cup ripe bananas (about 3)
1 tsp. baking soda
2 Tbs. hot water
1 1/2 c. flour (I use 1 cup white and 1/2 cup wheat)
1/2 tsp. salt
(optional: Add 1/2- 1 c. chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 375 (350 for dark pans)
2. Grease 12 muffin cups
3. Cream together butter and sugar in large bowl
4. Add egg to creamed mixture.
5. Add ripe bananas (there is no need to mash them before hand if you are using an electric mixer- it will mash them up while mixing)
6. Dissolve baking soda in hot water in a small bowl; Add to the banana mixture
7. Add flour and salt.
8. Mix until well blended- do not over mix- batter will be lumpy. (if you choose to add chocolate chips- add them now)
9. Spoon batter into greased muffin cups.
10. Bake in preheated oven for approx. 20 minutes- or until golden brown