A few spices that you probably already have in your cabinets and fresh herbs are the stars on these chicken tenders. They’re fast and easy, but still bring plenty of flavor to the table. On those nights when dinner just needs to come together quickly, this is a great solution!
My whole family really enjoyed the chicken tenders prepared this way. I think there was a total of one-half left over 🙂
These chicken tenders are so good and perfect for a family meal. Skip the pre-packaged chicken coatings- this is so easy to prepare at home with just a few ingredients.
You will be serving up golden and nicely-crusted chicken tenders that taste great and that are healthy, too!
Here’s why I like them:
1. Healthier! Anytime I can add nutrition to a dish, without compromising the taste- I’m happy. This recipe uses Wheat Germ as a coating. It mimics bread crumbs, and results in a nice and crispy texture, but wheat germ is also a great source of Folic Acid, Fiber, and many vitamins. I love using it!
2. Baked- though I do like the taste of fried tenders, baking is lower-fat, less-messy, and easier to prepare.
3. Quick- Chicken tenderloins only take about 20 minutes to bake
4. Juicy and Crispy- This coating gives a nice crusted finish to the tenders- no soggy coating for me, please.
5. Completely homemade- Milk, Wheat germ, fresh Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, paprika- that’s it!