I’ve made cinnamon biscuits many times before- but each time I’ve improved my outcome little by little. Last night I made these along with dinner and WOW! They turned out perfect, and I now have a new love. 🙂 So, ditch the canned biscuits. (move over, Grands!-You’ve been replaced!)
I like this recipe because:
- Moist and tender…not dry or crumbly.
- Filling is made with only honey and cinnamon- not extra sugar and butter
- Added nutritious ingredients- when I’m making something a little more on the indulgent side of things- like these- I like to see if I can bump up the nutrition a bit. So, in these, I used half wheat flour and added milled flax seed and some wheat germ. Even your picky eaters will never know there is anything remotely healthy about these.
- The glaze. Oh yes- this glaze completes the cinnamon biscuit. Pour it on when the biscuits are hot from the oven and it melts down all around them, and creates the perfect finish. It’s made with a little bit of cream cheese.
- Quick to make. Cinnamon “Rolls” are very yummy, too- but they use yeast, which will require time to let the dough rise. These biscuits are much faster!
- And lastly- they are finger-licking DELICIOUS!